House of Librarians for the Promotion of Reading (HLPR)
The House of Librarians for the Promotion of Reading was founded as a result of a generous family gift to CBC in 2005. It houses two public libraries for children and adults, and carries out a variety of activities aimed to develop a culture of reading.
HLPR’s main activities include:
• Provision of library services to children, young people and families
• Resource development for libraries
• Advisory services to various institutions
• Reading promotion activities
• Training program for librarians and reading facilitators
• Publication of relevant materials
HLPR supports the website www.ketabak.org , created for the promotion of reading and encourages its staff to actively participate in national and international events.